Sunday, November 25, 2007

Chicken Soup Has Returned!

I love Thanksgiving. The food is always good, the company is always interesting (especially if you spend Thanksgiving with my family--think "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" but with Italian people), and I always go to sleep happy. Especially this year, since TV gave me a little surprise--the return of "October Road." I had no idea that I when I turned on the TV at home Thursday night, I would find the show that I defended so vehemently last spring. Now, don't get me wrong, I know "October Road" is NOT good TV. The plotlines are silly and bordering on saccharine, and the dialogue is so melodramatic that sometimes I want to vomit. But sometimes, saccharine and melodramatic are exactly what I need from a TV show. When friends used to ask why I would ever watch such a crappy show, I would say "It's like chicken soup" (because it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside--I'm a clever one, aren't I?). So for all of you out there who think that I'm completely insane, I can only say: (1) Shut up, b/c I won't be blogging about it b/c I know I'm the only fan and (2) What do you have against chicken soup, hmm? Don't you like feeling happy? And with that, I'll leave you to enjoy the few remaining hours of Thanksgiving weekend.