Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Required Reading

As a TV addict, I tend to make references to a bunch of different shows when talking about any one given show. I realize that some of you may not get all of my little inside jokes and cute references, so here's some stuff to get you up to speed. Hopefully you'll soon have a little more insight into the warped inner workings of my brain.

  • Television Without Pity. www.televisionwithoutpity.com : This site (TWOP to the cool kids) provides sarcastic recaps of most of the big shows on TV. They also have an archive with all of the shows they used to re-cap that are now no longer on the air. The recaps for the especially bad shows are really fun to read (If you have some time, check out the recap the Charmed series finale. Funniest thing I've ever read, and I never even watched that stupid show).
  • EW.com. www.ew.com: Entertainment Weekly's website has some great columns (be on the lookout for Doc Jensen when Lost comes back on) and they also recap most of the big shows as well. I suggest reading this one before TWOP if you miss an episode, b/c this one is marginally more objective.
  • Spoilerfix.com. www.spoilerfix.com : This one has spoilers and upcoming episode information for most of the most popular shows on TV. If you like to watch without any knowledge of what's coming, then I suggest staying away from this one.
  • Zap2it. www.zap2it.com : Great general entertainment website. They recap A LOT of shows, usually in blog format. They also update daily with the previous night's Nielsen ratings. I also suggest reading the TV Gal blog (she's pretty insightful and watches a lot of the same things I do, if you're interested in a different perspective).

Ok, I think that should be enough to get you started. Happy reading.