Monday, October 22, 2007

Blah-blah, Ha-ha. No seriously, ha-ha.

Hello, friends. First, let me apologize for not keeping up with my updates. I've been a lazy man. I will do better in the future. Scouts honor.

So, another week, another new HIMYM. I didn't think last week's episode was particularly funny, so I don't feel so bad about not recapping. This week, on the other hand, was very funny. The basic premise: Ted meets a (crazy) girl on the Internet, and while introducing her to his friends, the audience gets treated to a bunch of flashbacks about how the gang all met each other. The highlights:
  • Barney's Hot-Crazy Scale. I think that is the most useful tool to use in evaluating relationship prospects. I will make use of it in the future.
  • Blah-blah, aka Ted's date. She definitely fits into the bat-shit crazy category. I loved how she kept trying to pick fights with Robin.
  • The word repetition. Robin said no 16 times when asked if she and Barney were dating. Ted said "Lily, c'mon," three or four times when trying to convince Lily they had kissed. Lily said no 5 or 6 times when refusing to believe they had kissed. I just put myself to sleep by making funny moments sound horribly boring.
  • The sandwich metaphor. That's one of the more creative ways I've seen people talk about pot on TV.
  • Ted knowing sign language. It's just a cool little fun fact that adds depth to the character, and we all know how much I love character depth.
  • Lily wearing flannel in college. I know we've seen that before but I still think its funny. It's a nice time period detail.
Thing I didn't like:
  • Lilly and Ted supposedly having made out. It reminded way too much of the Friends episode where Chandler and Rachel supposedly kissed when they were in college and we flashback to it. I know this show is supposed to be the new Friends (or at least that's what some people say) but I think it's original enough to come up with its own plotlines, thank you very much.
Ok, I think that's all I have to say about that tonight. I will be back later with a nice long update about Heroes and the appearance of a certain actress who I may have mentioned before.