Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I Want to Ride the Tricycle!

Can I just say I love I this show? Like I really love it. I want to be Ted and be friends with Barney, Marshall, Lily, and Robin. I read some of the reactions to Monday's episode and I can see why some people didn't like this episode. Yeah, the Robin subplot was kind of boring, and yeah it wasn't as funny some other episodes, but I think the good definitely outweighs the bad. Here's what happened:

Show opens with Marshall and Barney playing Wii tennis. I've heard a lot about Wiis and they seem like fun. Ted calls Barney and tells him he's going for "the belt." Barney can't believe him. I'd like to know what the belt is. Wait, I'm about to find out. Cut back to half an hour earlier (side note: I love how this show does these flashback things. I think its one of the things that makes it stand out). Ted's suited up and ready to go out, but Barney and Marshall aren't leaving till the game's over, so he heads down to the bar alone. He picks up a couple beers and runs into WINNIE COOPER (I watched the Wonder Years religiously as a child, even though I was probably too young to really get it and I always had a secret crush on Winnie). Apparently she was in an episode that had something to do with a pineapple that I never saw. They start talking, but then Winnie's old sorority sister, Audrey from Dawson's Creek, shows up. Ted thinks its over, but Audrey apparently wants him to stick around. They start getting drunk and frisky, leading to Ted eventual phone call to Barney. Apparently Ted is about to "ride the tricycle" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) which will automatically entitle him to the belt, which turns out to be an actual belt that kind of looks like those professional wrestling belts. The girls want to head upstairs and listen to Ted's WILCO cd, aka, make a little whoopee. Ted texts Barney, so Barney, Lily, and Marshall all hide in Ted's room. Do people ride the tricycle in front others? I wouldn't know since I barely ever ride the bicycle, but this isn't about me. Whatever. Barney takes the WILCO cd and snaps it in half. If he can't have the belt, no one will. Eventually we find out that Barney had the chance to ride the tricycle but chickened out. He decides to help Ted do it instead, but takes so long that the girls disappear.....into Marshall and Lily's bedroom! Oh yeah. Cut to the next morning, everyone's back at McLaren's and Barney wants to know what happened. A gentleman never tells, Barney, a gentleman never tells.

In the B-plot, Robin refuses to shave her legs until the third date so she won't be slutty. This all changes once she meets her date: a British surgeon. Yeah, I'm usually a sucker for accents too. She tries desperately to get someone to bring her a razor so she can shave her legs: she calls Lily, who is too busy trying to help Ted ride the trike, and pays the waitress to go get one for her. Only problem is that the waitress comes back without shaving cream. What does Robin do? She uses butter! Oh that Robin, so clever. While trying to shave her legs, she slips, falls, hits her head, and passes out. The waitress leaves with her date. Like I said, not that funny.

And the two quotable quotes from tonight's episode both belong to Lily:
  • in reference to Marshall's possible sex life after her death: "If I died, I'd just come back and haunt your penis."
  • and, drumroll please, to Audrey from taking the boots she was trying to buy during a shoe sale frenzy: "You just made the list, bitch!" SO. FUNNY.
Ok, that's it for this week. What did you guys think? Up to snuff, or no?

P.S. I just looked up Danica McKellar (WINNIE COOPER) on wikipedia and apparently she's not only an actress but a mathematician as well. I think I'm in love.