Monday, August 25, 2008

7 Days

Ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen, we are now one week from the start of the season. ONE WEEK! FINALLY!!!!! To celebrate, I'm going to take a look at the first show to return, GG.

When we last left GG, Serena was heading off to the Hamptons to grieve her breakup with Dan, potentially with Nate's company. Vanessa was again pining after said Dan, while little sis Jenny scored an internship with Eleanor Waldorf, Blair's mother. Blair flew off to Europe with some dude after Chuck stood her up at the heliport. Why you ask? Because he's "Chuck Bass." And Gossip Girl? She was voiced by KRISTEN BELL. Got it? Good.

The new season will open in the Hamptons, which can only mean more salacious teen drama that will continue to make the show "every parent's nightmare." In the interest of keeping you all spoiler free, I'm going to use a series of words to describe what the new season may hold without revealing plot points. Ready? Here we go: cougars, cat fights, mixing social strata, scheming, lying, musical beds. What? That's what we had last season? Well this time we will have more of it, which is just fine by me.

I'll leave you with my favorite scene from last season, and I hope you will join me next week in celebrating the return of TV's guiltiest pleasure.