Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hmm, That's Not a Bad Idea

Good evening everyone, I hope you're all enjoying the last bit of the weekend. I know I'm savoring every moment. I often find that Sunday nights are a good time to reflect, whether it be about figuring out what I did the night before, getting mentally ready to return to my hamster wheel the next morning, or thinking about my favorite TV shows. The last one inevitably beats out the other two. Lately, I've been hypothesizing about what the new season will bring to my favorite shows. I've found that one of the best shows to do this with is Grey's Anatomy, as the show has already burned through a number of ridiculous storylines, which makes guessing the next one all the more interesting. Sometimes I wonder what exactly Shonda Rhimes was thinking with some of those awful plots (please see Meredith drowning, Crazy Izzie, and Gizzie for further information). If those stories made the cut, it's hard to imagine what didn't, but for tonight I'm going to try. So without further adieu, I give you rejected Grey's plotlines:

1) Helicopter crash on the roof of the hospital: A copter bringing the Chief kidneys for a double renal transplant, crashes on the roof, forcing the staff to not only try to save the lives of those onboard, but also find the missing organs--which miraculously survived the crash--so that the surgery can go on. Meanwhile, two interns give into their lust for each and do it in the supply closet.

2) Freak weather disaster: An extremely rare Pacific hurricane hits Seattle. As the staff deal with the numerous incoming traumas, including a man who gets a stop sign wedged in his skull, tensions brew among the residents as competition for a new fellowship heats up. Meanwhile, an intern and resident realize their mutual attraction and give into their passions in an on call room, causing the resident to miss their first solo surgery and subsequently get put on probation.

3) Vacation, I think not: The entire staff takes a trip to Hawaii to celebrate Meredith and Derek's impeding nuptials. Once there, however, a freak volcanic eruption requires the doctors to perform emergency amputation surgeries on those victims who have come into contact with the lava. Meanwhile, Meredith gets cold feet, requiring McDreamy to calm her down with nighttimes sex on the beach (and I don't mean the drink).

4) All work and no play make Izzie something, something: Having finally gone off the deep end as a result of the patient she had been stalking rejecting her advances (he had a lovely wife after all), Dr. Stevens shaves her head then threatens to jump off the roof of the hospital, only to be talked down by George. Meanwhile, three interns caught in a love triangle realize that three is better than two and give into their desires in OR 1, just as the Chief enters the gallery searching for his missing scrub cap.

Personally, I like 4 the best. How about you?