Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Let the Gossip Buzz Continue

So the CW posted yet another extended preview of the season premiere of Gossip Girl on youtube today. At this point I feel like I've seen most of the episode. Some would complain about this, but this show gets better and better with repeat viewing, so I certainly won't. I will say the first few minutes really do the whole "mind blowingly inappropriate" ad campaign justice, and in a very good way. I won't spoil any of it, but I have included the video below. (Don't press play if you want to stay spoiler free).

Two other quick things:

1) The commercial for another new CW show, Privileged, follows the clip and I'm not impressed. I like Joanna Garcia and all, but this show looks dumb. Then again, since the show's target demographic is 15 year old girls, perhaps the dumbness will work in its favor.

2) I'm very suspicious of the fact that the network has yet to release ANY substantial video of 90210, or screen the show for the press. I smell a flop brewing, which sucks since the CW really, really needs it to be a hit.