Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Blog is Back

Hello out there! It's been a long time. Too long in fact. A lot has happened in the time we've been apart. The writers went on strike. TV went away for a while, then came back. Britney went really crazy then got normal. Lindsay Lohan got a lady friend. Obama and McCain improbably won the nominations. The island moved. Blair was THE crazy bitch. Jim and Pam almost. Kenneth went to Beijing. Izzie went crazy.

Did you notice my show references? Even though I stopped posting, I did keep watching, cross my heart. My life got very crazy during the time between the start and end of the strike, which is why I fell off the face of the earth for a while. Things have calmed down now, so I thought it would be an appropriate time to relaunch. This time I plan to do it right. No more ridiculously long recaps. No more skipping episodes from week to week. Nope, this time you're going to get my raw unfettered reactions--short, sweet, and to the point. I'm not sure what shows I'm going to cover yet this season, but since I have roughly three weeks to decide before the first show premieres, I'm not really in a hurry. Over the next few weeks I'll bring you updates about returning shows and some quick looks at the new ones (I'm already making The Mentalist on CBS one of my big bets for this year).

Valente out.