Thursday, October 9, 2008

Middle School is Never Over, Holly, Not in Scranton

So we're back to half hour episodes of The Office, which is fine, but I feel like not much happened tonight. Holly tried to the Scranton branch about ethics, which is the equivalent of herding cats in the middle of a tornado. Instead she uncovered that Meredith was a having a secret relationship with the office supply distributor in exchange for discounts and Outback gift certificates (hilarious). When she tried to get Meredith in trouble, she simply got her self ostracized, just like when she was a hall monitor in middle school. In the end, Michael eventually rose to her defense (after acting childishly mean to her for a while) so things went back to normal, or as normal as they ever get with those wacky Scranton folk.

Other things I liked:
  • Jim monitoring Dwight's personal time at work. (I did not like seeing Dwight pee into the bottle however.)
  • Michael and Holly's coordinated dance.
  • Dwight's sly look at the camera after he took some "personal time." Dwight, you dog, you.
  • Michael tackling Jim after finding out about his and Pam's engagement.
Things I did not like:
  • The complete lack of Pam. Don't let it happen again show.
And that was really about it. It was a fine episode, but I hope next week is better. And now I will leave you with some quotes:

"I think we can all totally agree that Holly is totally fantastic."--Michael

"It's a trick question--the bread is poisioned. And it's not your real family. You've been cuckolded by a stronger, smarter male."--Dwight to Andy. Hah.

"What I don't understand is.....why the steak coupons?"--Holly

"I just don't want employees thinking their jobs depend on performance. What kind of place is that?"--Michael