Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Some Additional Gossip Thoughts

It occured to me this morning that--with his kiss with Jenny last night--Nate has now hooked up with every female character on the show save for Eleanor Waldorf and Lily van der Woodsen. To which I say: huh? I mean, I get it, dude is pretty, but he's so boring. What do all these girls see in him? Or maybe they don't see in him, they only see at him. I think my friend J summed it best in a conversation we had this morning, which, thanks to gchat, I can repeat verbatim:

me: Serena's new boyfriend looks like a pedophile
J: ugh yeah he's gross
nate is total eye candy
me: hahahaha
J: i am growing so in love with him
just his beautiful features
not his personality, obvi

I ask you though, are looks really enough to keep him interesting over the long term? I would ask myself the same question about Serena, but she went and got AWESOME a few weeks back, so I don't have to.

Also, and this is something I've been wondering, was Eleanor ever paying Jenny after she dropped out of school? Because if she wasn't I'm pretty sure that's illegal child labor. And that would make Eleanor even more awesome.

One last thing: spoilers abound that a character is going to go the Big Palace Hotel in the Sky (i.e., die) sometime over the next few weeks. Who else hopes it's Vanessa?