Thursday, November 13, 2008

SHE'S BAAAAAAAAACK

About ten minutes into tonight's episode of The Office, I was ready to write the show off. I was ready to tell it to pack its bags and get out of my house. I was ready to tell it that if I ever saw it's opening sequence around here again I would kick the ever-loving shit out of it and make sure that it would be eating through a tube for the next three years. Yup, I was ready to do that if they were actually going to make Pam STAY IN NY FOR ANOTHER THREE MONTHS. Because in magic Office time it would turn out to be like 4 seasons. Fortunately, though, I didn't have to do any of those things, because, boys and girls, PAM IS BACK IN SCRANTON!!!!!! Can I get a WOO HOO! (WOO HOO!) Can I get a WHOO FREAKING HOO! (WOO FREAKING HOO!). Now that she's back I feel like the season is going to end with Jim and Pam getting married at what was supposed to be Andy and Angela's wedding. Mark my words, I think there's a real good shot of this happening.

Ok, on to the night's other plot: Michael has to take a business trip to Canada, and like all things Michael does, he's acts like a person who has no knowledge of the world or existence in doing so. Seriously, two suticases of souvenirs? From Canada? Canada is like America except colder and with better healthcare. And people say "Aboot" instead of "About." It's no Mexico. In all fairness, though, the trip was supposed to distract Michael from losing Holly, which worked for a while. Heck, Michael even hooked up with the concierge (who had a strange, non-Canadian accent.....weird). In the end, though, he layed into his boss for taking Holly away, which was nice, albeit completely impossible in the real world.

I liked Oscar and Andy bonding. Andy needs more friends. It also led to a little reveal: Andy still has not had sex with Angela (not that big a surprise). I loved Oscar asking Andy what's wrong with Angela and then getting him to call her. And you all her Dwight on the phone as well, right? That sly dog, moving in while Andy's away. I just don't get why Angela is insisting on this farce. It's completely unecessary.

Finally, Ryan and Kelly annoy the crap out of me. I wish they would stop. That is all. I will leave you with some quotes, and one final exclamation: WELCOME BACK, PAM BEESLEY!!!!!!!


"In Japan, you have to committ suicide to avoid embarassment."--Michael Scott. Sure.

"Look I know my way around a van. That is just a van."--Meredith. Oh I bet you do.

"A concierge, is the Winnipeg equivalent of a Geisha."--Michael Scott. This unfortunately turns out to be sort of true.

"That was real?! I thought I dreamed that!"--Andy, about calling Angela. Hahaha.

"A boss that will not fire you even though you just tell him off right to his face over the phone. That's respect."--Michael. I wish I could do that sometimes.