Sunday, September 28, 2008

Apparently Pushing Reset Can Work

This will not be a full post, but I just wanted to put in a quick word about tonight's premiere of Desperate Housewives. I felt a bit blindsided last season when, at the end of the finale, the show jumped forward five years. It seemed a bit desperate, and I was skeptical of it's ability to work. I'm happy to say that my fears were unnecessary, as tonight's episode was quite good. I think they've taken each of the main characters in an interesting direction and moved them away from becoming caricatures of themselves (how nice was it not to see Susan launch into histrionics?) Also, I think the new mystery should be fairly interesting, since I'd love to find out who Edie's new husband has a vendetta against. I'll definitely keep watching. Good job, ABC.