Monday, September 15, 2008

Fatal Attraction 2: Royal Entrapment

The heat can do strange things to people. I for one avoid the heat at all costs. When the sun is high the sky down here in DC, I stay inside in the air conditioning, or at the very least find some shade and a cold beer. I don't embrace the heat. Fortunately, boys and girls, our wonderful GG does.

Tonight was all about heat, or the lack thereof between all of our couples. Things have cooled down between Dan and Serena, as they've finally realized that Dan is too judgmental to deal with the wonder that is Serena (and she's a wonder, boys and girls, she really is).

The same goes for Nate and our wonderful Duchess COUGAR. It seems young Archibald doesn't enjoy answering Duchess COUGAR's every whim (I for one wouldn't mind. Did you see the clothes she was buying him? And did you see HER? But then again, I have no scruples). In an effort to escape from Duchess COUGAR's claws, Nate tries to start things up again with Vanessa (who seems to only wear yellow clothing now. What is that?), but Duchess COUGAR is having none of that. She threatens V to stay away, or else she'll go to the Feds and tell them where Nate's dad is. Damn, lady is crazy and vindictive, but yet still so attractive. I need to stay away, but I don't want to. I'll make you happy, Duchess. Forget about Nate, come find me!

The heat between Chuck and Blair though seems like it's only just getting started. That scene where he was whispering in her ear? Damn, dude, nice work. Apparently C can't seem to call his soldier to attention for anyone but B, while B is looking for a bit of heat from the Lord, which I'm pretty sure she's going to get now that the Lord decked Chuck. Good job, Lord, fight for your woman.

Other things I liked:
  • Eleanor seeking advice from Little J. I think little J is going places. Plus I missed Eleanor.
  • The scene with the 12 year olds yelling at Dan in the park. So meta and so amazing, because I know most you yell shit like that at the TV every week just like I do. ("She's a Serena." Priceless.)
  • The quick appearance of Nelly Yuki. I like Nelly Yuki.
  • The music, which is consistently good from week to week.
  • The episode title, The Dark Night, because I love plays on words.
Things I didn't like:
  • Any scene between Rufus and Vanessa. I know what you're trying to set up, show, and I DON'T LIKE IT.
  • Any scene with Rufus for that matter. Dude has has been fidgety lately. What happened to him on tour?

And now time for quotes:

"Your a delicate little flower. Nothing like that tart Keira Knightley."--The Lord

"I'll confess I've been off my game, but I'm expecting a return to form real soon." --Chuck, just before his "friend" from Tokyo arrived

"When I thought of you coming all alone...I just wanted to do something nice, is that so hard to believe?"--B to Nate and Vanessa. Yes it is, B, yes it is.

"You are not using Blair as sexual Drano."--S

"Titles aside, a suit of armor make for a cold bedfellow." --C. Zing!

"I don't like sharing my toys, especially if I've paid for them." -- Duchess COUGAR. I love her so much.


All in all, another strong episode. I'm not so sure I like Duchess COUGAR getting crazy, though. It probably means she won't be around for much longer, which will make me VERY sad.