Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Hello all and good evening. Given tonight's relative dearth of shows that I really want to watch, I used the evening to catch up on some stuff I missed earlier this week and to take a quick look at Do Not Disturb, the new Fox sitcom. Here we go:
  • I started the evening with Privileged, the CW dramedy that follows 9021-NO on Tuesdays. I was mildly surprised by it given how awful the promos were. JoAnna Garcia is quite entertaining and I think she'll be able to carry the show. Plus it fits quite well with the other CW shows given its abundance of pretty, young, rich people. I would watch again if it's on, but I'm not sure it's appointment television.
  • I then moved on to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles which I also thought was quite good. I liked the show last season, although I didn't follow it very closely, and given that Monday are looking to be very crowded for me, I think this is one show that I'm going to rely on Hulu to keep up with. That being said, Lena Heady and Summer Glau give consistently good performances and I'm liking Thomas Dekker as John Connor a bit more than before, although I hope he grows up soon.
  • Finally, I looked in on Do Not Disturb, and unfortunately it left me quite disturbed with how awful it was. I'll ignore the fact the episode basically just launched into action without any kind of setup or at least letting us learn the characters name and just tell you that the show IS. NOT. FUNNY. NOT. AT. ALL. Don't waste your time, because it will be twenty-two minutes of your life that you won't get back and could have used to watch a nice episode of 30 Rock or How I Met Your Mother instead. You've been warned.
So we've two goods and one bad. Not a bad night of TV watching overall if I do say so myself.