Monday, September 22, 2008

Take Me to the Dark With You, S, PLEASE

To take a page from GG herself: O. M. F. G. There is a lot I can talk about tonight, but there is only one thing I want to talk about: New Serena blows Old Serena absolutely, completely, totally, totally, completely out of the water. Now as you all know I worship the ground our blond goddess walks on, but now that she's taken up the Bitch Queen mantle? I don't even know how to begin to express my love for her. I love her. I love her, I love her, I love her. I loved the scene at the bar, where, with one look, she got Hazel and Isabelle to bow down before her. I loved the last few scenes at school, where Blair was all "WTF? I'm the FUCKING QUEEN B," and Serena's slow-mo walk, and they way she just barely shook her head at Dan, and that cold ice queen stare she gave him. I want her to come here and tell me who's boss. (Come on, Serena, you know you want to). The kicker to all this was that it was all part of Chuck's plan to either ruin Blair or get her to run back into his arms. Dude is calculating. Well played, Mr. Bass, well played.

Other things I liked:
  • The Lily and Rufus scenes. I hope they get back together, and now that Dan and Serena are apart there really is no reason for them not too.
  • Along the same lines, the complete lack of interaction between Rufus and Vanessa. Thanks for listening, show.
  • Nate and V finally calling it quits. Can we get rid of both them, or get them more interesting storylines, please?
  • Duchess COUGAR sleeping with the Lord. I totally saw that coming.
  • Duchess COUGAR basically stalking Nate and offering Vanessa money. Bitch is BAT SHIT CRAZY.
  • So not directly from the episode, but I discovered on iTunes that the show's soundtrack is called Original Music Featured on Gossip Girl, or OMFGG (they are so clever).
Things I did not like:
  • The way they just pushed Duchess COUGAR out of the story. I wanted to see her kicking and screaming. Or at least writhing one last time. We will miss you, Duchess, we will miss you a lot.
  • Little J refusing to stand up for herself. You know she could totally beat the crap out of those girls. I want to see a girlfight.
  • Amanda's baby voice. Enough said.
  • Dan continuing to be irritating. Ughh.
And now time for quotes:


"It seems a bit impersonal." "Thank you." Eric and Chuck.

"Lunch, as in the meal before dating. Is that what you want?" B to S about Amanda and Dan

"Google revenge and you get blairwaldorf.com" --Dan

"Just so you know, if this were a competition, I wouldn't need Blair and a posse to win."--S to Dan. First sign of her impending transformation to AWESOME.

"Sound the trumpets, strumpets."--GG. Hah.

"I'm talking about you and little miss Hannah Montana" --Little J

"You are sleeping with Catherine, right? Or do you prefer mom?"--B to the Lord

"Well he's fun, non-neurotic, I thought it would be a nice change."--S to Dan. Sign two of her impending AWESOMENESS.

"The bad news is that your girlfriend Catherine is lying manipulating whore who is sleeping with her stepson."--C

"Never again. From now on, everything goes through me."--S to her new lackeys after her transformation to AWESOME.



Can I just reiterate how much I love this show? I cannot wait for next week, because it looks like Blair becomes the next target of New Serena, and I fucking can't wait to see the fur start flying. It's going to be GREAT.