Monday, September 22, 2008

It's So Nice to Have My Friends Back

I've loved How I Met Your Mother since the first time I saw it. I love the characters, the jokes, the plotlines, the actors, the actresses--everything. That's why I'm so happy to have the show back after a long summer hiatus. And back it is, boys and girls. Last night's episode, albeit, a bit mushier than usual, was quite good. Let's break it down:

Stuff I liked:
  • Stella accepting Ted's proposal, because I'm not made of stone people. I still have my doubts as to whether or not she's the mother, though. Does she have a yellow umbrella? I can't remember, but I don't think so.
  • Barney's love for Robin, b/c it's nice to see that Barney has a heart. And the way he turned on the news at the end of the episode to watch Robin---awwwwwwwww.
  • Barney being unable to see why sleeping around does not mesh with him saying he loves Robin.
  • Marshall and Lily using a code word when they want to have sex. "Chimichanga." Hah.
  • Stella's Wookie impression, and to a larger extent the whole way she handled the "She must love Star Wars" plot. Very well played, Sarah Chalke, kudos.
  • Barney having a life size stormtrooper in his apartment. Did anyone else notice that?
Things I did not like:
  • Marshall's hair. Dude needs a haircut. And a job. He's acting way weirder than usual.
  • Robin wanting to apply for some cable job, because mark my words, boys and girls, the job will not be in NY.
And that's it for the did not like. Now time for quotes:

"Is your favorite brand of dental floss poisoning your entire family? Tune in at 11 for the shocking....tooth."--Robin

"I slept with Robin one time and I caught feelings. I caught feelings bad."--Barney

"Today I was at the dentist. That guy drilled me hard. He drilled me all day long. He filled all of my cavities."--Robin

"April, haaaaaave you met Barney?"--Robin. She's so great.


So what did you think, boys and girls? Last was less funny and more awww than usual, but I think I'm ok with that. I really want to see where they take this Barney and Robin thing, and I'm totally on board with it.