Monday, September 1, 2008

It's BAAAAAAAAAACK!

Summer is officially over. Pack up the beach blankets, put away the sunscreen, cover the barbecues, because you won't need them again until next year. It's time for fall and you know what that means: NEW TV! Tonight marked the return of the first show of the season, the best guilty pleasure EVER, Gossip Girl.

I think we can sum up tonight's episode in one word: Feelings. There were feelings flying all over the place tonight. Confused feelings between Serena and Dan, smoldering feelings between Blair and Chuck, hot sexy time feelings between Nate and his COUGAR. It was nice. Let's break it down:

Things I liked: THE COUGAR (she's hot), Serena (she's still hot), Grandma being nice (that was shocking and a welcome surprise), the triplets, Jenny and Eric being friends again, Jenny acknowledging she's been a raging bitch, Rufus being a good dad from faraway, and the white party in general especially the whole cameo from Tinsley Mortimer, which was a nice touch.

Things I didn't like: Blair being emotional (She's supposed to be the crazy bitch, and I want to see her act like it), Dan being a judgmental jerk (even those his rebound girls were hotties), and....well that's it because I love everything else about this show.

And now time for some quotes:

"Ain't karma a bitch? We know Blair Waldorf is." - Gossip Girl


"I wasn't aware that robots got jealous." - Blair to Chuck (loved all of their fighting dialogue tonight)

"I know that face. That face is not your friend." - Eric to Nate about Serena (it's the face every brother fears)


I'm interested to see the rating numbers tomorrow since the CW promoted the heck out of this show, and I hope they're really good b/c this show deserves it. The previews for next week look good and I'm excited to see where the rest of the season will take us (hopefully a lot more of the COUGAR).