Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hmm, Ok, So..........

Um, so 30 Rock. It was um, interesting. Not gonna lie, didn't love it. I'm not sure what it was. All the pieces were fine. I just don't feel like they added up to a greater whole than they usually do. I like Liz being baby crazy. I think it's funny and fits with Liz. I also like the idea of Liz going out with a little person because she was embarassed for thinking he was a child, but then kind of falling for him. I'm not sure I like the idea of Liz wanting to reenact something from the Sex and The City movie, but I think that's because I don't ever want something like that to happen to me in real life. Also, I like that the guy that played Liz's boy toy (because she thought he was a little boy, haha, ha, ha.........yeah, not funny? no.) was the same guy that seduced Julia on Nip/Tuck. He's a right little Lothario. And Liz had a couple of funny jokes tonight so I guess it worked.

I like Salma Hayek as Jack's mom's nurse, although I'm a little sick of the parade of guest stars. It's not that I thought she was bad, it's just that I'd rather see more Jack/Liz time than keep them apart with guest stars. I liked that Jack freaked out about finding "something down there," which I can say is every guys worst nightmare. I also like when Jack inserts himself into cultures he's not a part of: The mining town he went to with C.C., Liz's Family, and now the Puerto Ricans from Prospect Park. Also, Macarena? NICE.

Jenna is still bat shit crazy. Loved her Janis Joplin and the singing at the end, but it was no Muffin Top. Tracy is bat shit crazy and I love when they bring back his wife, because Sherri Shepard is hilarious and I love that they just start having sex in public places because yeah that's Tracy Jordan.

See like I said, I liked everything but I do feel like something was missing. I'll give you all some quotes to read while you think about it:

"Oh what a cute little girl, or boy if you grow up and feel that's what's inside you."--Liz, to a baby. Incidentally, the baby is already in therapy.

"Don't help me, I'm too proud."--Tracy trying to walk in his gold shoes.

"Ongoing trainwreck aside, I love this idea. It's great synergy."--Jack to Jenna. Incidentally, I think she made a better black guy than she does white woman from the 60s.

"Baby, I'm gonna be with you to the very end. I'm gonna watch you die, Tracy Jordan."--Sherri Shepard. Now that's love.

"She fought me at first, but I found that authoritative rapid Spanish subdues white people."--Salma Hayek. Yes, yes it does.

'Thank you for telling me what I already know. You should work for the Huffington Post."--Jack to Salma Hayek.